We often look at other marriages and say ”man I wish I had a marriage like that’. Or a famous line ” I wish my husband was like him” . Well let’s just say the grass is not greener on the other side . Lets face it marriage is not always lovey dovey . Marriage is HARD work only the strong will survive . Or it will eat you alive . As a married women going on 4 years I can truly say marriage has it sucks days ! We courted for 6 months and we married 6 months later . We all know how in the beginning of a relationship how it can be so exciting and all you want to do is stay up and have long conversations and text all day . I know all of you guys can relate right? Well I will list 5 tips that will help encourage your marriage . Dont give up on your spouse . Instead pray and seek God cause he has all the answers .
1. Put God In the Mist . A lot of marriage are failing because they FAIL to put God in the center. We often think that we have the answers to everything but in reality we do not . Heres some scriptures that will help encourage you when you are looking for strength to press froward .
The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him.
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
These scriputers has really helped encourage and let me know Im not in control and leave it up to God . We also need to know we are not perfect , and that we are from different backgrounds and are raised differently . Remember dont pray to God to change your spouse pray that God can change you to be a better wife/husband to your spouse . Pray together . Have you ever heared of the quote a “a couple that prays together stays together” well this is actually true . Praying together will not give the enemy any room to come in between your marriage . It maybe negative thoughts , harmful response etc . Start praying together it is promised you will see a difference .
2. Respect . As the eldest of my siblings I held great responsibility . It wasnt till I got married that I realized I couldn’t put on the role of leadership . God created our husbands to lead and we must let them . It may seem like their leadership skills may be a little iffy but that’s when we have to learn to trust in God . Remember you did trust him to be your husband so trust him to lead . Respect him as man. Do not belittle him encourage him instead .
However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.
So ladies sometimes are hubbies may seem to not make the best decisions even when it may not look to Good . We can give our opinion and suggestion but refrain from always doing so . God has place the leadership role to our husbands so let them LEAD.
3. Communication Is a big part of marriage . And its a skill that we must have instilled in marriage. “communication is the key” well it is we can’t expect our spouse to understand everything if we don’t communicate it to him/her. I use to get upset with my husband because I thought I shouldnt have to tell him everything and he should automatically know why I’m upset . well honey you have communicate whats bothering you or what you would like some improvement on. Letting our spouse know how your feeling and whats bothering you will let him know how you feel and what they need to adjust and improve on.
4. Intimacy The fun stuff hehe. No I am not just talking about sex. Intimacy is beyond sex to me . Holding hands, cuddling , a walk in the park, showing affection . Writing love notes , Texting.” which is our thing “. Me and my husband text a lot I think its because he works the night-shift. Although sex is great in marriage . We need to learn other ways of being intimate . Learn what your spouse like. Suprise them with thier favorite CD, dessert etc . Be thoughtful .
5. Be considerate. My husband work the night shift and im a stay at home mom . And being considerate to one another can be tough but we must be rational and considerate . I can’t expect my husband to get home from work and stay up to help with the kids because he must rest to go back to work that night . So Hubby finds ways he can help . When my husband get back from work he often feeds faith her breakfast change her diaper and let me sleep till 9ish -10 and ill take over . We have a 5 month old and a 2-year-old . So our lives are pretty much busy . On his day off he will often help out with the kids . And this is the time if I need some time to myself ( spa) he would watch the kids . We need to help each other out . Dont leave everything for one person to do. Help around the house gentleman , ladies if your husband had a rough day stop the nagging and let him be . Ask him if he needs anything . If you are out and about call and ask if there is anything you can get for them . That will show your thinking of them .
Be encouraged young married couples. DONT LET THE ENEMY COME IN-BETWEEN. Yes there will be arguments and disagreements it happens but be encouraged ask God to guide you as he leads your husband. Wives submit . Being submissive is not saying your the little person and your husband will walk all over you. Being submissive is submitting to Lord as you submit to your husband . If yu have a tough time submitting to the Lord you will have a tough time submitting to your husband . Remember stay positive about your marriage rebuke any negative thoughts. Enjoy your husband and be fruitful. Hehehe have them babies .
Until next time Beauties stay blessed.
Share this post if you enjoyed reading it encourage someone today